Victims of serious injury experience great pain and financial heartache due to medical costs and potential time away from work. At LaPlante, Merritt, Faulkner, Wilson & Clay, we have a proven record of success. We provide the highest standard of legal representation for our clients.
What to do immediately after an automobile accident
- Remain at the scene! Even if you are not injured, always remain at the scene of the accident.
- Immediately call an ambulance if someone at the scene requires medical attention
- Call the local authorities to file a report if there is more than $500 in damages or an injury.
- Exchange contact information with the other parties involved
- Take photos of the accident
- Inform your car insurer about the accident and send the police report if available.
If you receive medical treatment after the accident, insist the hospital does not bill you directly. Instead the hospital should bill your health insurance. Be sure and keep a record of all expenses, injuries and diagnosis. This information will work as evidence if you pursue compensation.
Contact an Experienced Alabama Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury accidents often lead to high medical bills and possible time away from work. It can be overwhelming to manage the paperwork with insurance companies, scheduling doctors’ visits and arranging time off work.
At LaPlante, Merritt, Faulkner, Wilson & Clay we have a team of experienced Personal Injury attorneys ready to fight for the full compensation you deserve!